Friday, 18 May 2007
Yes, I tried fair isle and these are my amazing discoveries:
1. It would have been nice to learn continental first before trying to knit continental and English style at the same time.
2. See the way I've written "pic" with my left hand? Well that has all the finesse and accuracy of my actual piccing. My left hand is significantly weaker than my right.
3. I think I would have done better if I hadn't accidentally knit with the tail-end of my contrast colour.
4. Casein needles are hopelessly bendy for this purpose. Honestly, my left hand didn't need any help to relax.
5. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't started to rewrite the chart in my head as I went along.
6. I foresee a lot of potholders between now and autumn.