Tuesday, 3 April 2007

Ester! Ester! Read all about it!

I don't know if I've just become much more accomplished at this knitting lark (maybe) or if it's a result of displacement activity as I drift towards my chapter deadline like a small boat floating into the shadow of a black and huge peak (more likely) but I seem to be making quick work of Ester. Two days in and we have this:
















Pretty good, no? The cable pattern is a memorable one, and even though I haven't taken to cabling without a cable needle, it's going fast. I chose to go with the navy (from my thrifty haul) because it will match a skirt I have, and was for a while slightly worried that the cables were sinking into the dark colour, but looking at it now I think the cables are standing out smartly. And one more thing... look, no ends! I tried the felted join for the first time and I think the magical results have truly defeated my squeamishness about putting wool in my mouth.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The cables look great in blue!

Nell said...

Wow, go speedy knitter!! It looks great!

BTW, is that your partner in the stripy green t-shirt on the left there? Please don't be freaked out by this, but he looks really familiar. :) Did he go to Hallam? Or have anything to do with Nottingham?